Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bathroom Monologue: Round One, OR, Amateur Boxing Advice


“So, the first round's in the books, and I just wanted to update you on what I learned about your opponent’s strengths. For instance, he’s really good at punching you in the head. Looks like he was born to do it. He’s got a great right, so maybe you should try dodging it next time so I can get a look at his left. His left is presently an enigma. Could be a pure southpaw for all I know.

“In terms of weaknesses, he really likes hitting you when you don’t him back, which would be a weakness if he seemed to get tired. But I don’t see how the human hand can be stronger than the human skull, so if it’s your strategy to pop one of his knuckles with your forehead, I mean, you’re the professional. God bless, and see you if you make through round two.”

3 comments:

  1. Ouch!
    Congratulations, you made me laugh and want to cry at the same time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Elaine here. Wincing with a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, Ha, ha -- if I take up boxing, you can copy and paste that in to the commentary. I'd figure if I could wear the guy's knuckles down with my face, all good. St.

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008