Tuesday, January 10, 2012

'Gates of Eden' Review up at A Reader's Heaven

Today one of my book reviews is appearing in two ways over at A Reader's Heaven. It's on Ethan Coen's Gates of Eden, a short story collection and one of my favorite things I read all last year. It royally roasts many pulp conventions through humiliation and humility. I couldn't recommend it more unless you clicked the link over to the review.

I said "two ways." The site corresponds to a book store in Australia. In addition to e-publication, a physical copy is on display in their storefront as a recommendation to buyers. Yeah. One of my reviews is hanging in a book store in Australia. That's humbling.

One of the store's proprietors is Paul Phillips, an old internet acquaintance of mine from back in the days when I was addicted 6S. He was also one of the first people to stump for my fundraiser when I couldn’t afford surgery. I’m pretty darned happy to have a review hanging in his store.

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty cool. Great review. Sure wish I could buy it from Paul's place in Oz.

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008